Apocalypse

Apocalypse

Sunday, January 24, 2010

2010 Shammy Awards

Like most intelligent fans, I truly abhor the Grammy Awards because, more and more, they have really just been turning into the American Music Awards. You know, the one where record sales determine your worth. Well, that's just horsecrap. America has proven over and over that it has no idea what's good for them, so an award based solely on their opinion is foolhardy.

Being as the major awards hold absolutely no interest to me, I would like to throw my support toward Beyoncé. Not just because she's extremely beautiful but I actually do find her to be very talented and far less annoying than any of the other "artists" in every category she is nominated. And I actually did really enjoy her last album. So, sweep 'em, B.

As for some other categories, the following would win if there's a God:

Hard Rock Performance: "Check My Brain," Alice In Chains
Heavy Metal Performance: "Head Crusher," Megadeth
Best Alternative Album: It's Blitz! - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Best Contemporary Folk Album: Middle Cyclone - Neko Case
Best Comedy Album: My Weakness Is Strong - Patton Oswalt

Every other category contains artists or styles I know little or nothing about, artists or styles I don't like, or complete abominations (I'm looking at you, Rock and Rap categories).

So, if you are going to watch this clown college a week from today, don't tell me about it. I don't care who won what? how long Bono went on about Haiti? how much Lady Gaga reminds you Marilyn Manson? Keep it to yourself.

No comments: